We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team reporting directly to the Controller. In this role, you will lead and own the accounts payable process from the receipt of vendor invoices through payment via check, ACH, or wire transfer.
- Develop effective working relationship with vendors to ensure timely receipt of invoices and relevant documentation
- Work with managers and department heads to obtain necessary approvals on purchase orders
- Processing and entry of invoices into the accounting system
- Responsible for the general ledger coding of invoices
- Performs three-way match comparing the purchase order, packing slip, and invoice to ensure consistency
- Enforce internal travel and purchasing policies
- Assist in the month-end close process including the compilation of invoice accruals and the reconciliation of the purchasing sub ledger to the general ledger
- Responsible for preparing Form 1099’s
- Prepare weekly payment runs to ensure timely payment of vendor invoices and work with the Controller, Chief Financial Officer, and additional parties to approve payments
- Implement process improvements to enhance efficiency of the purchasing and payment processes
- Prepare quarterly sales and use tax filings
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Previous experience in accounts payable functions is a plus
- Strong work ethic and high degree of accuracy and attention to detail required
- Moderately skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience with QuickBooks is a plus
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in team-based environments and collaborate across multiple departments with different stakeholders
- Ability to communicate company policies in a professional and tactful manner. Requires strong customer service skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with the ability to prioritize various tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task
To apply for this position please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org naming the position in the subject heading.
Metacrine is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and for qualified disabled veterans in job application procedures, as required by applicable law.
Note to External Recruiters: All candidate activity and open positions are managed strictly through our Human Resources Department. Our Human Resources Department kindly requests that recruiters not contact employees/hiring managers directly in an attempt to solicit business and present candidates. Please note that failure to comply with this request will be a factor in determining a professional relationship with our organization. Submission of unsolicited resumes prior to an agreement set in place between the Human Resources Department and the recruiting agency will not create any implied obligation. Inquiries on developing a recruiting relationship with us, may be directed to: email@example.com.