Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will lead budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning for the Company. You will have responsibility over a combination of broad financial areas including financial reporting, financial planning, and input to external financial reporting requirements.
This is a highly visible position for an individual who demonstrates strategic and analytic thinking, confidence, humility, creativity, effective communication skills, and collaboration.
- Provide strategic financial leadership to all departments within the organization
- Lead budget, forecast, and long-range planning process for the organization
- Work closely with Department Heads to prepare budgets, re-forecasting on an annual, quarterly and as needed basis.
- Develop financial models and productivity tools to help make responsible financial decisions.
- Lead the planning process and provide all associated reporting deliverables and analysis to the executive leadership team, Audit Committee and the Board
- Essential participant in the monthly accounting close process (financial statement analysis, variance review support)
- Lead the financial reporting process of analyzing BvA and related forecasts for disclosure committee, Audit Committee and Board
- Lead the continuing development of our FP&A planning tool, Adaptive Insights, to improve efficient forecasting and analysis
- Provide strategic financial leadership to the clinical operations team in establishing key financial analysis/metrics to ongoing clinical activities
- Partner with accounting team to ensure accuracy of actual clinical accruals/prepaids/expenses
- Adhoc financial analysis of strategic corporate development opportunities (DCFs, NPVs, etc.)
- Adhoc financial analysis for cross functional teams as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required, MBA or other graduate degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of relevant biotech/pharma work experience in a financial analysis role that requires strategic business support and C-level interaction
- Financial systems fluency with a passion for delivering the right data in the right format to inform the decision-making process
- Advanced excel skills required
- Financial Planning systems knowledge; Adaptive Insights preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Exceptional level of professionalism, with a focus on collaboration, flexibility and neutrality when working with both internal and external stakeholders, while effectively influencing with diplomacy.
- Strong leadership abilities, with a focus on effective prioritization and appropriate sense of urgency
- Sound judgement and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
Metacrine is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and for qualified disabled veterans in job application procedures, as required by applicable law.
Note to External Recruiters: All candidate activity and open positions are managed strictly through our Human Resources Department. Our Human Resources Department kindly requests that recruiters not contact employees/hiring managers directly in an attempt to solicit business and present candidates. Please note that failure to comply with this request will be a factor in determining a professional relationship with our organization. Submission of unsolicited resumes prior to an agreement set in place between the Human Resources Department and the recruiting agency will not create any implied obligation. Inquiries on developing a recruiting relationship with us, may be directed to: email@example.com.