The Director/Senior Director of Investor Relations and Communications will support the development of a new in-house IR/PR capability aimed at creating an open, bilateral dialog with the investment community that maintains and builds trust and credibility over the long term. This leader will implement an approach based on our science, pipeline and positioning that develops a deep and relevant shareholder base aligned with the company’s trajectory through formal and informal communications, roadshows, analyst engagement, and other events. She/he will be a key cross-functional business partner, interfacing with nearly all functions of the company to align and execute external corporate and financial communications. This person will also develop a tight interface between the finance/business, clinical development, scientific and legal teams.
The Director/Sr. Director of Investor Relations and Communications will report to the Chief Financial Officer. This is a highly visible position for an individual who demonstrates strategic and analytic thinking, confidence, humility, creativity, effective communication skills and collaboration.
- Implement aspects of the company’s investor relations and corporate communications strategies, objectives and initiatives
- Manage the company’s investor relations and corporate communications initiatives and serve as primary point of contact for financial and public communities
- Triage all day-to-day engagements with buy-side and sell-side personnel
- Prepare and maintain updates to communications collateral, such as company presentations for conferences and road shows, press releases related to our business and programs, quarterly earnings announcements and conference call scripts, Q&A documents and website content
- Manage calendar of IR and communications activities, including conferences, roadshows and analyst events, as well as cadence of corporate and pipeline updates and announcements
- Conduct and prepare regular targeting analyses for proactive outreach and prepare backgrounders on institutions and contacts for investor and analyst engagements
- Monitor research coverage for company and peer set and provide summaries to management
- Monitor trading activities and maintain regular dialogue with Nasdaq stock surveillance to understand market trading
- Manage internal and external review processes on communications materials
- Support company financing activities, including cross-functional team coordination
- Maintain database of buy-side and sell-side activity tracking and oversee follow-ups with financial community
- Oversee coordination of logistics and participate in all company IR, PR and media events
- Manage newswire and NASDAQ upload process for all releases; disseminate announcements to contacts list and company employees
- Conduct periodic feedback reports about the company’s stock performance, relative stock price, analysts’ estimates and perceptions among buy-side and sell-side personnel; prepare summary reports for management and Board of Directors
- Provide research on the industry and company peer stock surveillance, including market sentiment and summaries of peer and competitor news flow and quarterly reports
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 7-10 years of experience, with a minimum of 5 years in investor relations, or sell or buy-side equities
- Knowledge of the public equity markets
- High degree of understanding of SEC regulations and corporate governance
- Exceptional level of professionalism, with a focus on collaboration, flexibility and neutrality when working with both internal and external stakeholders, while effectively influencing with diplomacy.
- Strong leadership abilities, with a focus on effective prioritization and appropriate sense of urgency
- Sound judgement and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to analyze financial models related to company performance and valuation
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and a desire to produce top level results
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft applications, including PowerPoint, IR databases (e.g., Nasdaq IR Insight or IPREO) and wire service issuance processes
- Based in San Diego, CA with regular business travel
To apply for this position please submit a resume to email@example.com naming the position in the subject heading.
Metacrine is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and for qualified disabled veterans in job application procedures, as required by applicable law.
Note to External Recruiters: All candidate activity and open positions are managed strictly through our Human Resources Department. Our Human Resources Department kindly requests that recruiters not contact employees/hiring managers directly in an attempt to solicit business and present candidates. Please note that failure to comply with this request will be a factor in determining a professional relationship with our organization. Submission of unsolicited resumes prior to an agreement set in place between the Human Resources Department and the recruiting agency will not create any implied obligation. Inquiries on developing a recruiting relationship with us, may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.