We are searching for a Manager, Facilities and Purchasing. This highly motivated individual will report to the Vice President of Human Resources. The incumbent will be an active player/coach who is involved in both the leadership and daily operations of each area required to achieve operational goals and objectives, while maintaining the necessary compliance with government regulations and corporate policies. The three core areas of responsibility are facilities, EH&S, and purchasing. This role requires the incumbent to be onsite Monday – Friday.
- Oversee and manage the Facilities Operations: maintenance, security, site mail, corporate supplies, janitorial, and alarm response
- Source, negotiate, and manage service contracts and service level agreements (SLAs) for facilities
- Develop process and procedures for maintenance and security.
- Short term strategic facilities planning
- Design and manage tenant improvements
- Interface with various government agencies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations for the company facilities
- Interface with property management
- Assist in the management of strategic Facilities projects
- Manage the specification and installation equipment and systems to efficiently service the organization for its functioning needs.
- Develop and manage the facilities department budget
- Administration of daily shipping and receiving duties; verify receipt of goods on POs and enter receipts in Procurify (procurement software)
- Improve EH&S workplace performance by promoting a positive safety culture, identify and mitigate EH&S risk and implementing safety and environmental management systems in accordance with regulations, corporate compliance policies and standards
- Guide and direct departments toward compliance with local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations, and corporate compliance polices
- Responsible for oversight and management of third-party environmental and occupational health and safety consultants and related program activities
- Administration of data, training, recordkeeping, and internal and external reporting related to EH&S
- Develop and implement comprehensive environmental and safety auditing program, provide reports, and recommend and implement corrective actions
- Review, investigate and implement action plans for all work-related injuries, illnesses, accidents, and safety concerns
- Contact vendors to obtain quotes and lead times, and request supporting documentation
- Process purchase requisitions, create related purchase orders and communicate to vendors and/or requestors
- Track orders to ensure timely delivery
- Use continuous improvement to drive increased quality, efficiency and cost savings
- Monitor open purchase orders report, communicate status with requestors, vendors, and Accounting department
- Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies
- Analyze supplier spend data, implement cost savings initiatives or rebate programs with vendors/corporate card
- Set up new vendor records in Procurify and request W9 forms
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience within a highly regulated environment with responsibilities for Facilities, Maintenance & EH&S
- Strong Project Management experience;
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local environmental, health and safety regulations
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, and Outlook, & online purchasing systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs or manipulate 150 lbs or more
To apply for this position please submit a resume to email@example.com naming the position in the subject heading.
Metacrine is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and for qualified disabled veterans in job application procedures, as required by applicable law.
Note to External Recruiters: All candidate activity and open positions are managed strictly through our Human Resources Department. Our Human Resources Department kindly requests that recruiters not contact employees/hiring managers directly in an attempt to solicit business and present candidates. Please note that failure to comply with this request will be a factor in determining a professional relationship with our organization. Submission of unsolicited resumes prior to an agreement set in place between the Human Resources Department and the recruiting agency will not create any implied obligation. Inquiries on developing a recruiting relationship with us, may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.